Girls Leadership Academy, the only public all-girls high school in AZ, is seeking an innovative and enthusiastic teachers who desire to engage in a collaborative culture. Our college prep school serves highly motivated young women and we need content experts to join our visionary team.
Posting Date: Student Services Specialist
Posting Date: April 20, 2018
The Student Services Specialist provides support to the instructional process with specific responsibility for implementing the ASCA National Standards for Students. The student services specialist helps students focus on academic, career, and social/emotional development to achieve success in school and prepare to lead fulfilling lives as responsible members of society.
Schedule: School Year 2018-2019, 7:30am-3:30pm Monday-Friday
- Assists students with developing their Educational/Career Action Plan for the purpose of supporting them in pursuing their high school and post high school goals
- Counsels students, parents, and guardians (crisis, social/emotional, and academic counseling) for the purpose of enhancing student success in school
- Facilitates student support groups
- Provides classroom instruction
- Collaborates with internal and external personnel for the purpose of implementing and/or maintaining services and programs
- Monitors student progress for the purpose of identifying issues and taking appropriate action for increasing student success
- Participates in a variety of meetings for the purpose of conveying and or gathering information required to perform functions
- Reports health and safety issues to administrator and appropriate agencies for the purpose of maintaining students’ personal safety, a positive learning environment, and complying with regulatory requirements and established guidelines
- Supervises assigned programs for the purpose of monitoring performance and achieving overall curriculum objectives
Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the school
- Education: Bachelor's degree, Master's preferred in School Counseling, Social Work, or related area
- Experience: Minimum one year experience working in a secondary education setting
- Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card with IVP designation
- Maintain a valid AZ driver's License, maintain automobile insurance coverage, and have access to an automobile
If interested and qualified, please submit resume here.