Parents as Partners
With home and school working together, we are there for your girl!
The Girls Leadership Academy of Arizona is committed to engaging parents to be leaders in the academic and social development of their daughters and to meaningfully involve them in all aspects of school life. Family members are key partners in our learning community. We know from more than 30 years of research that when parents and family members are actively engaged, their children are more likely to succeed in school, college, career, and community life. In light of this, GLAAZ views parents as lead ambassadors for our school and true partners in the academic and social development of their daughters.
- Participate in mandatory student-led conferences/exhibitions once each semester
- Provide time for students to study and complete assignments at home
- Support regular attendance and call the school on the day of an absence
- Be involved in the school to support school-wide parent support, shared decision making, special enrichment and recreational activities
- Encourage and expect students to continue to attend college following graduation
- Understand that enrollment in college classes is based upon academic and social readiness
- Reinforce GLAAZ’s Technology Responsible Use Policy to ensure safe and ethical use of our brand new technology tools
GLAAZ does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender or disability. We support and comply with all state and federal health, safety, civil rights, disability, and insurance laws, ensuring that all students with disabilities have the right to a free and appropriate public education (FAPE).
Students are enrolled on a first come, first-served basis. In accordance with ARS 15-184, GLAAZ enrolls all eligible pupils who submit a timely application unless the number of applicants exceeds the capacity of a program, class, grade level, or building. Siblings of students already attending the school and children of faculty and staff have the first right of refusal for openings. Before a student's name is placed on a waiting list, her application must be complete and on file in the office.
Para asistencia en Español, por favor llame a Guadalupe Gutierrez al 602-288-4518